The fair is this coming Sunday, April 28th. We need as many hands on deck as possible! Click this link for the St. Thomas Permisison Slip. You may either print, sign and send with your Cadet on Sunday, or feel free to email Officer Thornton with your permission.
A number of the Cadets took the Downeaster from Wells to Boston to see the Celtics take on the Detroit Pistons on February 15th. Before the game, the cadet’s elite color guard presented the colors at the opening ceremony. The trip was chaperoned by the school resource officers, parents, and several executive board members.
This trip is to reward the cadets for the community service projects they have participated in over the past year such as; Toys for Tots, The Maine Children’s Cancer Program, National Night Out, Sticker Shock against teen drinking, and Shoveling for the Seniors and Law Enforcement Together program after recent storms.
The cadets are male and female Junior and Senior High Students who have completed physical training, character building activities and participate in weekly meetings and drills as well as community service projects on a regular basis. The youth in this program clearly exemplify the tenants of their patches which state “Integrity, Pride, Honor, & Leadership” under the supervision of Sanford’s School Resource Officers; Michael Gordon and Tipper Thornton.
Some updates for everyone.
- We have four brand new mountain bikes and helmets for cadets to use during cadets trainings.
- We are putting together a mountain bike ride after school in the near future. We hope to team up with the Nasson Bicycle Program.
- Members are growing on the non-profit commitee for the Sanford Police Cadet Program and Youth Initiative. We are about to apply for our 5013c.
- Were waiting for the NBA lockout to free up so that we can plan a Boston Field Trip.
- We have SOG Cadet meetings every Tuesday in Officer Gordon’s Office at the Sanford High School. This is for the ranking officer’s only.
- We are meeting every Wednesday afterschool for the Cadets meeting. We had 53 Cadets at one of our prior meetings!
- We will be planning a paintball field day since it appears Bog Brook will not be happening this year.
- There are several community service projects in the works. Keep us in the loop for any ideas.
- The Cadet Fitness Challenge is one of the most popular after school programs. Soon we will have another training facility.
As we remember those lost on 9-11, we would also like to offer an enormous THANK YOU to our local law enforcement, fire and rescue personnel. We appreciate your service to this community.
The Cadets will be assisting the Sanford Elks as they present their annual Chili & Chowder Contest this Friday night! Keep an eye on their Facebook Event Page below for the latest info:
Our Color Guard will present the colors and Cadets will be caddying on Saturday at Sanford Country Club on Saturday.
Keep an eye on the Maine Children’s Cancer page for upcoming events and information.
CADETS: SEE OFFICER GORDON OR OFFICER THORNTON TO SIGN UP AND RECEIVE YOUR SPECIAL MCCP CADET T-SHIRT.